“I called upon the LORD in distress: the LORD answered me, and set me in a LARGE PLACE. The LORD is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me? . . . It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.”
(Psalm 118:5, 6, 8 – KJV)
1. Today I will live in the now! I will live in the now because I am free to be myself in God, with no need to try to be something or someone that I am not. No man can DEFINE MY PERSONALITY. “Don’t set people up as experts over your life, letting them tell you what to do. Save that authority for God; let Him tell you what to do. No one else should carry the title of ‘Father’; you have only one Father, and He’s in heaven” (Matthew 23:9, The Message).
2. Today I will live in a large place because no man can DETERMINE MY POTENTIAL! “It is God Himself who has made us what we are .” (Ephesians 2:10, Living Bible).
3. Today I will live in a large place because no man can DETER MY PROGRESS! “The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid” (Psalm 27:1)? “. . . If God is for me, who can be against me” (Romans 8:31)?
4. Today I will live in a large place because no man can DELAY MY PROMOTION! For promotion comes neither from the east, nor from the west, nor from the south. But God is the judge; He puts down one, and sets up another (Psalm 75:6, 7).
5. Today I will live in a large place because no man can DECREASE MY PROSPERITY! “The blessing of the Lord makes one rich, and He adds no sorrow with it” (Proverbs 10:22).
6. Today I will live in a large place because no man can DESTROY MY POSSIBILITIES! “. . . With men it is impossible, but with God all things are possible” (Matthew 19:26).
7. Today I will live in a large place because no man can DEFEAT MY PURPOSE! “And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, who are the called according to His PURPOSE” (Romans 8:28). The only person who could stop me today is me – but, since I believe in myself, I will help myself have a true Kingdom day of progress and productivity in Christ. Today is a big day for me, and today I will live in the now!
Father, help me to live the Kingdom life, as You live big in me today. In Jesus’ name, amen.
“Thus you have made the commandment of God of no effect by your tradition.” (Matthew 15:6)
” . . . The phrase ‘one last shaking’ means a thorough housecleaning, getting rid of all the historical and religious junk so that the unshakable essentials stand clear and uncluttered.” (Hebrews 12:27 – The Message)
1. Today I will live in the now! I will live in the now because I have declared my independence from meaningless forms, routines and traditions in my life that are contrary to my present reality, and that make the word of God ineffective for me. I am moving past archaic and passé ways of thinking about God or life or myself. The limiting, antiquated ideas and philosophies that I have accumulated over the years are being exposed for the irrelevant relics that they are. I am free to think a new way!
2. Today I will not believe something just because someone told me to believe it. I will have the confidence to think for myself, and the courage to expose a lie that I have accepted when I recognize that it is, indeed, a lie. I will be able to maintain my love and respect for someone important to me, without feeling obligated to believe everything they say.
3. Today I will consider the word of God as the final authority on every subject.
4. Today I will honor the Lordship of Jesus as the highest priority in my life.
5. Today I will cooperate with the work of the Holy Spirit in my inner man.
6. Today I will reject, resist and renounce all forms of the man-made religion that exalts itself against God’s true Kingdom. I will pull down strongholds in my mind that were imparted to me from the religious system that are contrary to the knowledge of God. Religion is the enemy, and I will have no part of it and its silly fables, false doctrines, and pointless works of the flesh.
7. Today I will enjoy the good traditions from my family, my childhood, my country, my heritage. I will benefit from sage advice – the wisdom of the ages – and from lessons learned by life experience. I will restore the old landmarks, and will be a link to the next generation by passing down what is noble and worth keeping. But I will also know how to discern the difference between healthy, foundational traditions, and the ones that are holding me in the past. In that context, today, I will be tradition-free, and today I will live in the now!
Father, help me to break free of all unnecessary tradition today. In Jesus’ name, amen.
“As soon as Jesus heard the word that was spoken, He said to the ruler of the synagogue,
‘Do not be afraid; ONLY believe.'” (Mark 5:36)
1. Today I will live in the now! I will live in the now because I hear the voice of Jesus speak to my inner man the words that He spoke to Jairus, and I will obey those words. I will not be afraid today, but I will ONLY believe. God has not given me a spirit of fear, and my faith in the now will be enough to put me over, no matter what happens.
2. Today I will not be devastated by any bad news, or negative report that I may hear. I will not overreact, because my heart is established and I walk in the illogical peace that passes understanding. I will believe the report of the Lord. I will overcome all obstacles to my faith by His word spoken to my heart.
3. Today I will prevail over my emotions, and will conduct myself according to what I believe rather than by what I feel. I will resist the temptation to be anxious or fretful. I will not waste my time worrying, because the Lord, my Shepherd, will make me to lie down in green pastures, and lead me beside still waters. He will restore my soul.
4. Today I will be calm and steady in my mind. The circumstances around me will not distract me. I will focus on what God is doing in the now, and in the now I will find my confidence. I will rise to the occasion today. I will accomplish my goals for today. I will win!
5. Today my words will reflect that I ONLY believe. I know that I cannot believe and doubt at the same time, any more than I can travel north and south simultaneously. My words will be words of faith, victory and success today. My tongue, like the rudder on a ship, will guide me through dangerous waters into safety all day long. I will have what I say.
6. Today I will avoid negative people and their influence as much as possible. I will not believe the words of those who do not ONLY believe. I will attract faith-filled and positive individuals who will inspire me to continue to believe, and will confirm the truth on which I stand. Our speech together will be seasoned with salt.
7. Today I will understand what the word ONLY means in a whole new way. Because I declare the end from the beginning, I call this day a good day even before I live it. I will not dilute my pure faith with compromise. I will be radical in my ability to believe, and things will change in my life for the better because of it. Today I am fearless! Today I will ONLY believe, and today I will live in the now!
Father, help me to ONLY believe today. In Jesus’ name, amen.
|“Then He Who sat on the throne said, ‘Behold, I make all things new.’
And He said to me, ‘Write, for these words are true and faithful.’
And he said to me, ‘IT IS DONE!
I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End.
I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts.'”
(Revelation 21:5, 6)
1. Today I will live in the now! I will live in the now because I am whole and complete in Christ, in Whom everything begins and ends, having come full circle in my destiny as it relates to His Kingdom purposes in Creation. These words are not only faithful and true, they are indelibly written upon the tablets of my heart. Everything that has happened in my life – every experience, whether positive or negative – has been working together to bring me into Him in His fullness. He is not just THE Alpha (The “A”) – He is MY Alpha! My “A!” He is my beginning, my starting point, my personal Genesis, my eternal source and history. He is not just THE Omega (The “Z”) – He is MY Omega! My “Z!” The Author of my faith is the Finisher of my faith. The One Who began a good work in me will complete it until the day of the Lord. He will finish what He started in me! He is my destiny, my eternity, the consummation of my life experiences, my latter that is greater than my former, my happy ending . . . the One Who has been there all along, declaring the end from the beginning. The One Who has ever lived to make intercession for me in order to save me to the uttermost! I am utterly saved – utterly fulfilled – utterly complete – utterly vindicated — utterly in Christ!
2. Today I will look at every unanswered petition, every unmet need, every unfulfilled wish, every incomplete dream in my life, and boldly declare by the God-kind of faith, “It is done . . . finished . . . consummated . . . executed . . . complete!”
3. Today I will drink freely of the water of life and be totally satisfied and filled. Out of my own belly will flow rivers of living water. I am filled with the Spirit!
4. Today I will walk in the full revelation and demonstration of my sonship in Christ. Even though I am a son, I will learn obedience through my suffering and I will come through every fiery trail – no matter how hot – absolutely smoke-free!
5. Today I will overcome instead of looking for an escape. Deliverance is no longer my desire — my ultimate goal is to inherit all things! The Kingdom has come in me! Christ’s work is finished in my behalf, and the travail of His soul is satisfied!
6. Today I will love His appearing – His revelation — in all aspects of my earth-life!
7. Today I will see all things made new, and today I will live in the now!
I decree that it is done! In Jesus’ name, amen!
| He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes I will give some of the hidden manna to eat. And I will give him a white stone, and on the stone a new name written which no one knows except him who receives it.” (Revelation 2:17)
1. Today I will live in the now! I will live in the now because I have a heart to seek out the mysteries of God – to search for the treasure buried in a field – to violently take the Kingdom by the force of my desire for revelation. It is written: “It is the glory of God to conceal a matter, but the glory of kings is to search out a matter” (Proverbs 25:2). As a king, I have the need to search out the hidden manna . . . to look for the truth hidden in parables . . . to dig deep for the pearl of great price!
2. Today I will remember that there is a white stone with my new name written on it. It is the standard by which the whole of my life is judged. It represents the ideal version of me that I am becoming as I am continually conformed to His image by going from glory to glory!
3. Today I will accept revelation of that new name (“. . . a new name written which no one knows except him who receives it” – Revelation 2:17), developing a new self-perception in Christ. I am Who He says that I am, and I am becoming Who He says that I am becoming, whether anyone else can see it or not!
4. Today I will overcome in my attitude by being “up” in a down world. I will be a conqueror in my internal world. I will find hidden manna in the personality that God is helping to develop in me from the inside, out!
5. Today I will overcome in my reactions to negative forces released through the negative words of those around me. The shield of faith will flow in its function today!
6. Today I will overcome in my ability to believe for the impossible – to “hope against hope” – by the faith resident in me that overcomes the world!
7. Today I will overcome weakness through the knowledge that I have a white (pure, washed) stone (strength, revelation) with my new name written on it – I have godly strength, personalized for my life! I am empowered by the hidden manna today, and today I will live in the now!
Father, help me see into Your mysteries today. In Jesus’ name, amen.
| “Then one of the elders answered, saying to me, ‘Who are these arrayed in white robes, and where did they come from?’ And I said to him, ‘Sir, you know.’ So he said to me, ‘These are the ones who came out of the great tribulation, and washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. Therefore they are before the throne of God, and serve Him day and night in His temple. And He who sits on the throne will dwell among them. They shall neither hunger anymore nor thirst anymore; the sun shall not strike them, nor any heat; for the Lamb Who is in the midst of the throne will shepherd them and lead them to living fountains of waters. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.'”
1. Today I will live in the now! I will live in the now because, regardless of any tribulation that I must endure, I am of good cheer! Jesus said, “These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. IN THE WORLD YOU WILL HAVE TRIBULATION; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world” (John 16:33). My robes have been washed in the blood of the Lamb, and I have come through the fire of tribulation without the smell of smoke on them!
2. Today I will appreciate my position before the throne of God here on the earth. I will serve Him DAY AND NIGHT in His temple, before I go to heaven where there will be no day or night. He is dwelling with me, and in me, HERE and NOW!
3. Today I will stand on the promise of Jesus that they who hunger and thirst after righteousness will be filled! I cannot live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God, and I am nourished spiritually by the manna from heaven in the person of Jesus Christ.
4. Today I will not be overcome by the heat of the day – the stress, pressure and anxiety that comes from too much responsibility. Jesus’ burden is easy and His yoke is light. He makes me lie down in green pastures and leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul!
5. Today I will drink from the fountain of living waters – the artesian well of joy that flows in my life, even in the midst of hardship and persecution. With joy I will draw water from the wells of salvation, and I will be happy, even when I shouldn’t be (according to the natural world). My joy comes from a supernatural source and provides me with supernatural strength.
6. Today I will sow in tears so that I can reap in joy! Weeping may endure for the night, but joy comes in the morning. God is wiping the tears from my eyes today!
7. Today I will choose to be happy, and today I will live in the now!
Father, fill my mouth with laughter today. In Jesus’ name, amen.
A MONTH FOR REVELATION
Tis the season
Celebration of the Incarnation (The Word made flesh)
Inspiration for the Imagination (The Womb of the spirit)…
The babe laid in a manger…
Emmanuel, the embodiment and earthly expression of the eternal God –
Is now revealed TO you as
Christ IN you, the Hope of Glory,
Being revealed THROUGH you as the King of Kings…
Joy to the world, the Lord is come, let earth receive her King!
Now the hopes and fears of all the years
Can be met in the miracles made possible by your meditation in the Word.
Why waste the season by just walking in a winter wonderland
when you could be giving birth to the impossible?